Cyprus Investment Programme
Member of EU Since 2004
Non-Cypriot citizens who meet certain criteria and fulfil the terms and conditions outlined by the Government of Cyprus may apply for the acquisition of Cypriot citizenship through naturalisation by exception and enjoy the benefits of being citizens of the European Union.
Investors can apply for Cypriot citizenship
Investors can apply for Cypriot citizenship by submitting a stand-alone application, upon making an investment of at least €2 million which must be retained for a period of three years. Prior to naturalisation, the applicant must possess a residency permit in the Republic of Cyprus for a period of at least six months.
“The Cyprus investment programme is among the most attractive citizenship programmes worldwide.”
Criteria / Investment Options
From hot sands to cool hillside villages… from ancient sites of history and culture to modern shopping malls.
1. Investment in real estate, land development and infrastructure projects
The applicant must have made an investment of at least €2 million for the purchase of properties, or for the purchase or construction of buildings, or for the construction of other land development or infrastructure projects.
If the applicant decides to purchase residential properties, he/she must have invested at least €2 million in one or more properties, provided that the value of one of the properties is at least €500,000 (excluding VAT), which must be kept as the permanent residence of the investor in Cyprus.
The investor has the right to:
– rent the permanent residence in Cyprus.
– sell the permanent residence in Cyprus, given that another permanent residence will be purchased
2. Purchase or establishment or participation in Cypriot companies or businesses
The applicant must have invested participated in companies / organisations established and operating in the Republic of Cyprus with investment costs of at least €2 million.
3. Combination of the aforementioned investments
The applicant may proceed with a combination of the above investments, provided that the total investment will amount up to at least €2 million.
“Strike out beyond the sun-soaked stretches of sand to discover an island of compelling culture and landscapes, steeped in myth and riddled with ancient riches.”
Terms & Conditions
- A minimum investment of €2 million
- Keep investment for a minimum period of 3 years
- Clean criminal record
- Permanent residence in the Republic of Cyprus
Applicant must possess a permanent privately-owned residence in the Republic of Cyprus, the purchase price of which must be at least €500,000 (excluding VAT)
- Residence Permit in Cyprus
The applicant, prior to his/her naturalization as a Cypriot citizen, must hold a residence permit in Cyprus (no requirement to live in Cyprus).
Benefits of the Cyprus Investment Programme
- Travel, live and work within all EU-member states
- Travel visa-free to more than 150 countries
- Passed on to family members: spouse and dependent children
- The investor does not become a tax resident, unless more than 183 days in a calendar year are spent in Cyprus
- Not necessary to reside in Cyprus before or after the obtainment of citizenship
- Dual citizenship permitted
- The applicant’s parents are also entitled to apply for Cypriot citizenship provided they own a permanent residence in Cyprus of at least €500.000 (excluding VAT). Their application may be submitted after the investor had acquired Cypriot citizenship